The 48 is a HOPE initiative to promote healthy behavior among our college peers. We’re asking you to try any of these ideas between November 30th and December 2 instead of engaging in risky drinking. Upload a picture to our Facebook wall of you and/or your friends making a Tribe Choice, and you’ll be entered to win a prize! Of course, low-risk drinking doesn’t have to be confined to these 48 hours, but we thought it would be a good place to start. Send us your own alternatives and we’ll put it on our website!
1. Go to Ichiban in New Town for Sushi.
2. Watch a movie and eat dinner with your friends at Movie Tavern
3. Race a friend at the Rec’s Rock Wall
4. Have a shopping spree at the Outlets. We hear J.Crew is having a sale.
5. Have a midnight ultimate Frisbee Tournament on the Sunken Gardens
6. Split the chocolate mousse dessert at Blue Talon
7. Go bowling with friends
8. Play Apples to Apples (or Cards Against Humanity for R-ratings) Check your duty office for the games.
9. Go to karaoke at the Hospitality House or Aroma’s
10. Have a FIFA/Super Smash Game night with your friends.
11. Bake one of the great looking cupcake recipes you pinned over the summer
12. Pick a movie that a professor mentioned to you, watch it with all of your friends, and feel scholarly (tea and beret optional)
13. Eat at two different pancake houses and compare them: who has the fluffiest pancakes? The tastiest sausage?
14. Make a dinner from scratch for yourself and 3 of your friends
15. Have a photo scavenger hunt
16. Catch up on your Hulu queue
17. Go to this weekend’s AMP event
18. Get tickets to a concert outside of Williamsburg, and make a road trip of it
19. Have a sleepover with your friends, paint your nails, share your feelings, and include a dramatic reading of 50 Shades of Gray
20. Have a horror movie marathon and plan on sleeping on the floor with all your friends because you’ll be too scared to go home
21. Go to Peter Chang’s and ask for real Chinese food
22. Play Mafia (or try double Mafia) with a bunch of friends
23. Take a spontaneous weekend trip: get on the train and head to the first place that sparks your interest
24. Explore CW at night. Maybe you’ll discover a place you never knew existed!
25. Try to get 13.5 ounces of frozen yogurt at Zinga; if you can do it, you’ll get your treat for free!
26. Randomly facebook someone who’s online but you rarely talk to him/her to get coffee
27. Go play with animals at the animal shelter
28. Go on a midnight kayak adventure on lake matoaka
29. Camp out on the sunken gardens for the night
30. Challenge some friends to midnight mini golf
31. Spend the day at jamestown beach
32. Go go-cart racing
33. Go for a run/walk down DoG Street
34. Try “coning” at McDonalds
35. Have a Wii Dance Party
36. Give your own Ghost Tours to your friends
37. Complete the “Fancy Triathlon” (clothing optional, waltz down the Sunken Gardens, play the harp in the governor’s garden, and row a boat under the Crim Dell while drinking tea)
38. Volunteer for a Branch Out Mission
39. Go to campus-wide events!
40. Play hide-and-seek in an academic building!
41. Relax on the Terrace!
42. Visit Wawa Pam and buy her a smoothie!
43. Make a playlist with your friends and go “rancing” in CW!
44. Get caught up on your favorite TV series!
45. Cook a fancy dinner!
46. Go on a cider run!
47. Go explore the Pottery Factory!
48. Visit Williamsburg city parks!
Student Health Center
Office of Health Education
W&M Police Department
(757) 221-4596 or 911
Planned Parenthood of Southeast VA
CAP Nurseline - 24/7 Hotline
Sentara Williamsburg Community Hospital
Avalon: A Center for Women and Children